Monday 8 October 2012

painting for a fairy tale theater

Recently I stayed a week with my little sister and my adorable 15 months old nephew in Germany. A friend of her there commissioned me to do a painting on cloth for his children´s theater, the Kleine Bühne in Giessen. He wanted a castle and a part of a garden in the front. Oh I loved to paint this!
I hope I´ll get some photos of it hanging in the theater soon.
**
Hace poco visité a mi hermana pequeña y su adorable hijo de 15 meses en Alemania. Un amigo suyo me encargó una pintura sobre tela como decorado para su teatro infantil, el Kleine Bühne en Giessen. Quería un castillo y un jardín insinuado. ¡Qué trabajo más bonito y cómo me gustó hacerlo! Espero poder enseñaros pronto fotos del teatro también.
finished painting on cloth - now it only has to dry at all and my sister will do the ironing.
Before I started I looked at fairy tale books for some inspirations, above all castles.
I discovered the artist Tatjana Hauptmann, she does really fine and dreamy book illustrations. I had this book with illustrations of her to browse for inspiration.
**
Antes de empezar a pintar estuve hojeando en libros de cuentos para inspirarme, sobre todo mirando castillos. Descubrí la artista Tatjana Hauptmann quien hace unas ilustraciones verdaderamente hermosas. Tuve este libro con sus ilustraciones a mano.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: